COVID 19 – INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS
WHEN TO SELF-ISOLATE & WHAT TO DO
YOU MUST SELF-ISOLATE IMMEDIATELY IF:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus(including but not limited to: a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – check website for up to date information
- you’ve tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you arrive in the UK from a country not on the air corridor list – see UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
IF any of the above apply to you:
- Do NOT go to work/school
- DO contact EMS ASAP
- DO arrange for a test ASAP (within 4 days) for you or your household if applicable
- DO follow Gov guidelines if arriving from a country not on the air corridor list – See Gov.uk website
IF you and/or your household/bubble have received a positive test result:
- you must self-isolate for 10 days.
- If you have been feeling well for at least 48 hours, you can return on day 12 from the start of your symptoms.
- If you feel unwell you should continue to stay home.
If you have to self-isolate and are able to deliver lessons online:
- Let EMS know and we will contact the school
COVID-19 RELATED FAQ’s
Because of the delayed start to the new school year, teacher have been paid for 4 weeks of Spark! and SGT teaching in October, as listed on the signed provisions detailed on the EMS202. If this is not possible due to school-related delays, please liaise with Paul Stewart immediately. Any additional payments arising will be adjusted by the end of the Spring term (31st March 2021).
No! Ealing Council has authorised online lessons on condition that only council-owned-and-managed iPads be used. Staff that choose to infringe this requirement may be putting themselves at risk.
We are aware that some teachers would like to use peripheral equipment that is not supported by iPads, however, we don’t require professional quality presentations. We do require you to deliver lessons using excellent teaching strategies and pedagogical practice, for which, an iPad is adequate.
Also, Online lessons may need to be delivered from school premises (eg to bubble groups that are isolating) and this approach reduces the need to travel with additional IT equipment over and above that issued by EMS.
- Whole-school lockdown – Teachers will provide and be paid to deliver online lessons at the same time, day and week as normal from their own homes. Any deviation to this must be agreed with the relevant school(s) and communicated to the EMS admin team.
- Bubble groups lockdown – Teachers will provide and will be paid to deliver online lessons at the same time, day and week as normal from the school premises. Any deviation to this must be agreed with the relevant school(s) and communicated to the EMS admin team.
- Teachers that are required to self-isolate – Any missed lesson(s) must be rescheduled and delivered. Teachers will not be paid for lessons not rescheduled and delivered. It may be possible for lessons to be scheduled during the school day or out of school hours. Permission must be given by EMS before any arrangements are made.