- Instruments hired on a parent hire contract will only be issued to a parent or legal guardian of the pupil who will be using the instrument.
- On collecting the instrument, the parent/guardian will sign a parent hire contract, taking full responsibility for the instrument, and a direct debit form for easy payment of invoices.
- EMS reserves the right to prioritise hires to pupils who have tuition from EMS teachers.
- Instruments are not transferable between pupils.
- Instruments must be returned to the EMS offices at the end of the rental. Payment will cease 10 days after the instrument has been returned. No refunds will be given for part paid terms.
- Instruments must be returned:
- if the family and/or pupil moves out of the London Borough of Ealing when the pupil is no longer of school age (no later than their 19th birthday)
- if direct debit payments are cancelled or outstanding
- EMS reserves the right to recall a hire instrument after no less than one year so that it may be hired to another pupil.
- Parent/guardians will be charged the hire rates, as detailed in section 6, on a termly basis.
- Ealing Corporate Collections will invoice the parent/guardian once every year. This invoice will detail the total annual cost (3x the termly fee) and the 3 dates on which Ealing will take the money from the parent/guardian’s account via direct debit (every 4 months).
- If Direct Debit payments fail, Ealing Corporate Collections will contact the hirer to renew the Direct Debit contract. If this fails, hirers will be invoiced for the full cost of replacing the instrument.
Cancellation of Contract
The hirer may cancel/end the hire contract at any time by:
Returning the instrument.
Once the instrument has been returned all forthcoming charges will be cancelled by EMS. Please be aware, this may take 10 working days, therefore parent/guardians are advised to return instruments at least 10 days before a direct debit payment is due. No refunds will be given.
Purchase the Instrument from EMS
Where it is possible to buy Hire instruments from EMS and the hirer wishes to purchase the hire instrument, Ealing Corporate Collections will invoice the hirer for the full cost of the instrument. Contact the EMS office for more details.
The Instrument is lost, stolen or broken
Ealing Corporate Collections will invoice the hirer for the full cost of instrument replacement if the instrument is lost, stolen or broken; or if hire payments cease and Ealing Corporate Collections are unable to resolve a payment issue.
Parent hire instrument maintenance
Any problem with an instrument should, in the first instance, be assessed by the pupil’s instrumental teacher. If the problem cannot be rectified by the pupil’s teacher, the instrument must be returned to EMS with a completed form EMS405 (Instrument repair slip). Opening hours can be found at www.ealingmusicservice.com.
Damage made to EMS instruments will be charged to the hirer at cost price.